Summer is here! This is a great time of year to get in some extra reading. So, I’ve compiled a list of my favorite books and two books that I plan to read this summer.
As a mom, I’ve found that I don’t have a lot of time to read, however, I really want to read more! So, one of my goals for this summer is to read through two books. I know two isn’t a lot, but I’ve got to start somewhere!
I’ll share my five favorite books with you. They are a mishmash of genres, but that’s kind of my style when it comes to reading. I can’t stay in one vein for too long.
1. The Gospel Primer — This is absolutely my favorite book. It is life changing. We need to live each day in light of the Gospel and this little book will help you to do just that. The entries are short and easy to read one each day. I love to use this along with my Bible during devotional times.
2. Do More Better — Another life-changing book. I remember reading this book and changing so many habits and ways that I functioned. It really showed my that our time is important and we have to make every second count for the Lord.
3. John G. Paton — Wow, this biography so encouraged my daily walk with the Lord. It is a great testament to the Lord’s care over His servants as they are serving. John Paton faced so many hardships as a remote missionary. But the book shows how God used him to bring more people into His kingdom.
4. Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full — I read this book shortly after having my daughter. It is so encouraging for new (or not) moms. Gloria Furman shares how the Gospel should change our mothering and how we can treasure Christ during the busy, hectic little years.
5. Pride and Prejudice — This is a fun one to include on your summer reading list. I’ve read this Jane Austen classic over and over. You just can’t go wrong with this amazing love story.
My Books to Read
These are the two books I’ve picked to read. I’m excited to tackle this goal throughout the summer months.
1. Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hand — I’m already two chapters in, and I love this book! I’m looking forward to finishing it. Have you read it?!
2. Perpetua’s Passion — I got this little book at a used bookstore and just haven’t had a chance to read it yet. Perpetua was a Roman woman who was martyred for her faith in Christ. I can’t wait to read her story.
What will you be reading this summer? Do you have other goals to work on during these warm months? Let me know!